The Beautiful Ruins Of Suakin

Thursday, October 27, 2016


 This was probably the most spontaneous trip I've ever had in my life, going out cursing the night before along with my cousins who came from UAE, I suggested that, hey why not go to Port Sudan,! we've decided to go on the same day since they had a few days left in town, so first thing first, we returned home and I guess I exceeded my driving limit  (170 k/h) I thought it was doomsday but we had to return early to take permission from my parents to leave , the bus departs at 5 we said and it was already 2 am! as we worked our charm into our parents, they have given us their blessings, rushing to pack our clothes, ironing and washing as well , ofcoarse we had to have a bag for  shoes , a bag for make up and a bag for groceries but sadly we didn't have time and all grocery stores were closed! 
next thing we know our cousin is here, we ain't ready yet but we had to, we left feeling so tired because we haven't slept the day before running some errands as usual!
but all in All, it was worth it! the weather was somewhat humid, of course, it's K-town!
and hot!!
the drive from my house to the station usually takes half an hour to forty minutes.,and I joke you not, we picked a friend up passed by another friend because I forgot my wallet in her bag the same night!  and we got to the station in a total of 17 minutes!! I felt like it was it for me and I was going to meet my mum in the next life!
so we got to the station at 5 am exactly, to find that the bus will depart at 6:00 AM, we still looked around for snacks but the place was literally deserted from supermarkets.


Departing at 6:00 Am! foodless feeling like we're in some sort of hunger game looking for food in our bags, to find none! lol the AC of the bus was So cold ..at first, the drive was approximate 9 hours and a half, and by the second hour, the AC Stopped! from them, we all most stopped every 10 to twenty minutes to cool down the bus, we were sleepless and hungry and it was hot!! the trilogy of "I should kill my self" series of events, anyways that is one bad thing about the trip but the rest was absolutely phenomenal !!
 we've reached in over twelve hours ofcoarse and we've missed the ride that we booked from the hotel because of our delay! but we got there safe and sound, I couldn't see or understand anything at first because of the trilogy but! , after we showered, prayed and ate, it wasn't so bad anymore...
 we roamed around the city and it's beautiful, it gives u a glimpse of the late fifties and the streets are so glamorous, they are wide and clean, and they have a thing for doors over there, it's like an art gallery on the road! I promise you if you visit ... you'll thank me so you're welcome in advance!
haha
 anyways the next day went to something called the Sigala . which is the fish market spot in Port Sudan,  what you do is you go take a boat go to the middle of the sea pick your fish come back they hunt it for you and you eat it fresh!! I have to tell you I wasn't a fan of fish before until I tried their mountain fish! it tasted like the all sea seasonings in my mouth, delightful!!
right after we had our fish and shrimps and fueled our self's with energy, we decided to take a small boat trip around the area, which was beyond expectations , do you remember the little mermaid and how it was under the sea down where its wetter, OH MY GOD IT IS BETTER!! the transparency and clearance of the water 80 meters deep is something one should witness, you see all types of fish, crabs, turtles, sardine, colorful coral reefs! oh, I can't describe it but if you want to see the video of that leave a comment down below!.. I have an exclusive video I can share with you so u can witness what I have! or better yet just go visit! it's worth every dime and time isn't going to be wasted




Right after we had our boat cruse, we head outside the Segala where our ride was waiting, we were heading to the highlight of this year for me Suakin! 
Suakin is a city in Sudan particularly in Port Sudan that is enriched with history the I has no idea about before I reached there.
the name Suakin was driven from the name Suajin which means prisons in Arabic, the reason why it's named that is that back in history profit Suleiman used to imprison jin "ghosts" in there.
Its one of the oldest cities on earth but unfortunately in Sudan why don't spotlight Union our great monuments and such cities
the ruins of Suakin is worth over millions of dollars and these ruins used to be houses that belonged to Sudanese citizens since the late  18 hundreds , and if some knows their grandfathers name who used to live there, your lucky because you can go claim your property/
The city has been ruled by many since anent history from profit Solomon to the Othman and the British colonel 

The sad part is that all these ages, people knew how to demonstrate the environment and gain from it, the Othman and the Egyptians wealth was created because that area was the port where ships come carrying all goods starting from Arabian perfumes to spices, by which they took advantage by the transaction through creating the customs


As shown above this is the renovated customers of Suaken that was reconstructed by Tekom from turkey ! not Sudan


and here is the port where ship men, captains, and businessmen used to meet



the prayers room 



and I just want to show u how transparent and clear it is! I have more videos, you can contact me if you're interested in watching them!




the ruins of suakin the ruines of the othman coral building

 the Egyptian bank and residence of workers 




i can't describe the trip well enough, you all should visit, its worth a while!
overall this was the highlights of my summer! I hope you enjoyed the blog!


subscribe to my blog and make sure you follow my social media accounts !!





hopefully, you enjoyed reading, let me know what you did this summer share your story in a comment or a link of your liking!







Cheers !

Zoey . A

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Facebook

Subscribe